Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Plans for the new mouseflower.com

    Hello to the four people who read my blog. Let me tell you a funny story. When I first made this blog I got a little big obsessed with how many views it was getting. So every minute or so I would refresh the page. I saw every time that I got one more view and I was so excited every time. After two or three times I figured out what was going on and I felt pretty stupid. I am thinking about this now because I realized that my website really isn't getting many views anymore, I looked at the comments and since last time I checked my website (about four months ago) I got about six comments. I remember a few months ago there were at least three comments coming in every day. Something has to be done!

    A few months ago I tweeted that I was redesigning my website, but to tell you the truth all I've done is make a new logo (which, to tell you the truth is pretty sucky, but I will change it) and pick a new color scheme. But now I am going to tell you all of my plans for the new mouseflower.com.

  • Color scheme. Purple BG, light blue/green text, and black shadows. It may seem a little bit strange but trust me, I'm good with colors.
  • New art section. There is a message at the top of the current art section that says I will add new art soon but I wrote that about a year ago. New art will go up, most likely before the full update is done. I will also get rid of a lot of the art that is up there now. Speckle kit will stay up though ; ).
  • Better navigation. At the moment the navigation on my website is kind of screwed up. Just go there and check it out, you'll see what I mean.
  • More comics. Mouseflower And The Kittenauts (temporarily abandoned) will no longer be the only comic on the list. Most of the other comics will be short comics that I made for school. Actually there may only be two others.
  • "About me" page. I have changed a lot in the past year so I will tell you a little bit about the new me. This also means new buttons.
  • Not as many Kittenauts. I'm not so much into anime cats anymore. I still do like anime; I may occasionally do another one since it's a fun way to waste time. But I really want to expand to other types of art.
  • Eye tutorial. I am going to make a tutorial on how to draw eyes for my friend Mangablossom (hai Manga, I didn't forget about you). I promised to do this like 10 months ago. Mangablossom probably doesn't need this anymore though (you've probably become way better than me, I've been slacking, we should get in contact again).
  • Video Section. For those of you who don't know I did make about seven videos on YouTube since my last update, so I will make a section on my website with links to them all and links to some of my friends videos.
  • Stripey Says/Farley's Feelings/Teddy Talk. Gone. I just don't have the energy for this; nobody seemed to like it anyway.
  • New Mouseflower Logo
  • Better organized home page. All of the old updates will be deleted. Updating system will also be redesigned.
  • Short Story section. I'm going to start posting my short stories. I hope you guys like sci-fi.
  • Keeping it simple. I'm learning how to use flash now but people tell me that animations take a long time to load on their computers so I will keep my website pretty simple.


     

This is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there will be new additions to it. I can think of one more new page; I will keep a list of things that need to be changed on my website. I will make it a permanent part of the website because there will always be things to improve on. If you have any suggestions just e-mail them to mouseflowerart@gmail.com or get in touch with me some other way.

P.S. The drawn to life Fan-Com is not happening. Sorry to people who like drawn to life Fan-Coms (this is about thirty people) I'm just not feeling it. It was so much fun to design Roxy so I will use her in future comics but I think I'm turning it into something that's not drawn to life. Drawn to life is meant to be a game and a game only.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment